Florida Department of Transportation
605 Suwannee StreetTallahassee, FL 32399-0450
KEVIN J. THIBAULT, P.E.SECRETARY
For Immediate Release Contact: FDOT Communications Office
October 12, 2021 (850) 414-4590
FDOT Announces New Public Participation Website for the Development of the Five-Year Work Program
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) has created a statewide website to provide information about the development of the FDOT Five-Year Work Program and how the public can participate in the process.
Each year, FDOT develops the Five-Year Work Program, an ongoing process used to allocate funds for priority transportation projects for the next five years. The Work Program is based on the best available forecasts of project costs and funding, ensuring that FDOT has the financial capacity to implement planned projects. This robust process is essential to stabilize the Work Program and help maintain Florida’s transportation system for our residents, businesses, and visitors.
Public participation is a critical component of this process. Each fall, as FDOT begins developing next year’s Five-Year Work Program, the public is provided with the opportunity to participate and comment. The statewide website offers the public the following:
· Overview of the work program adoption process
· A video providing an overview of the Five-Year Work Program
· Link to the district work program pages that provides access to the draft work program public hearing reports
· Link to a GIS interactive map on FDOT’s public notices website displaying projects being considered
· Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
· Link to GIS map showing active construction projects
The public can access the website at www.fdot.gov/wpph.
Improve Safety, Enhance Mobility, Inspire Innovation
www.fdot.gov | Twitter: @MyFDOT| Facebook: @FLDOT